It is often a big decision as to whether to take up a new sport and you may have so many questions - some of these may be?
- Do I have the time?
- I would not consider myself a sportsperson, so will I be any good at bowls?
- Is it just for old people?
- Is it expensive?
- Is it just a summer sport?
- Whys should I join Belvoir Vale Bowls Club
The best way to find the answers is to "Give it a go" Contact Secretary: Malcolm Britton for opportunities to do this.
What we can guarantee is:
- You will find a very warm welcome at the club
- We will supply you with all the necessary equipment to find out
- We will not pressurise you to join the club
- It is a game that you can quickly learn - but it may take a lifetime to master.
“Encouraged to take up Bowls by friends , so I thought that I would ‘’give it a go’’..... the friendly and encouraging members that I met in the previous seasons mean that the 2021 season is something that I am really looking forward to. I am only a beginner, but I have never been criticised for a poor shot or forgetting the rules - you get help and encouragement. I also get some exercise and the social side is also important.”
“"I have always been quite sporty and I enjoy a competition, furthermore outdoor activity is my thing. I found retirement tough at times although I do keep active ….. but I needed more and thought bowls maybe something to try, friends who bowl locally at another club said come along and have a go, so I did. I decided to try Bowls at BVBC which is my nearest club and was made most welcome and here I am 2 seasons later and looking forward to this year after such a disappointing 2020. Oh and another thing, my family bought me a set of brand new woods for Christmas, so watch out boys and girls in the league because I am coming after you".”